SGX-ST may suspend or restrict trading in any or all listed or quoted securities or Futures Contracts. It may do so for 1 or more markets or 1 or more trading sessions or any part of a trading session. It may do so in any of the following circumstances:—
(1) in SGX-ST's opinion, the market is not orderly, informed or fair or circumstances are about to occur that may result in there not being an orderly, informed or fair market;
(2) SGX-ST releases an announcement in relation to an Issuer which, in SGX-ST's opinion, is market sensitive;
(3) an Issuer requests, and SGX-ST agrees to, the suspension;
(4) access to the Trading System is generally restricted;
(5) any of the circumstances in Rule 1303
of the SGX-ST Listing Manual apply;
(6) functions of SGX-ST are, or are threatened to be, severely and adversely affected by a physical emergency such as fire, terrorist activities, power failures, communication or transportation breakdowns, or computer malfunctions; or
(7) in SGX-ST's opinion, it is in the public interest.
Refer to Practice Note 8.10.1.
Amended on 3 April 20083 April 2008 and 24 February 201424 February 2014.