Directive No. 6 — Additional Obligations in respect of American Depository Receipts
|Issue Date||Cross Reference||Enquiries|
1 A Trading Member must disclose the risks pertaining to trading in American Depository Receipts ("ADRs") quoted on GlobalQuote in media which the Trading Member may produce in relation to ADRs for its customers. These media include, but are not limited to:—
(1) investor education programs in relation to ADRs organised by the Trading Member (including seminars, talks, classes, etc.);
(2) website(s) in relation to ADRs created or maintained by the Trading Member; and
(3) marketing material(s) in relation to ADRs produced by the Trading Member (including brochures, pamphlets, flyers, etc.).
2 To facilitate Trading Members' compliance with this Directive, the Exchange will provide Trading Members with a list of risk factors pertaining to trading in ADRs.
3 In the Directive:—
(1) "American Depository Receipt" or "ADR" means a U.S. security that represents ownership of shares in an organisation; and
(2) "GlobalQuote" means a quotation board operated by SGX-ST.